Today, August 5th, 2020, is the 15th anniversary of the launch of SurvivalBlog. Since August of 2005 we’ve accomplished the following:
- Posted 33,200+ articles, letters, and columns. In 15 years, we’ve hardly missed a day of posting. All of the blog’s archives are fully searchable and available free of charge–just as they’ve always been.
- Posted more than 5,470 Quotes Of The Day and 1,580 Bible verses.
- Cumulatively awarded more than $1.1 million worth of writing contest prizes. (Our sincere thanks to the many generous prize donors. These loyal blog supporters deserve your patronage.)
- We’ve inspired thousands –and possibly tens of thousands — of people to relocate to The American Redoubt and to other safe regions such as Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and Tennessee’s Cumberland Plateau.
- With your generous help, we’ve supported several very worthy Christian charities.
- We’ve helped to educate and motivate hundreds of thousands of people to get trained-up, teamed-up, and stocked-up. Nearly every prepared individual will be part of the solution, in the next disaster or societal crisis. And of course, every prepared individual represents one less person who is rushing to the supermarket at the 11th hour. Thus, we in effect create extra capacity in the supply chain.
- We’ve promoted dozens of home-based and family-operated businesses.
- SurvivalBlog has motivated a new generation of gardeners, livestock raisers, beekeepers, hunters, and fishermen.
- Most importantly to us, we pray that we’ve been able to witness the truth of scripture and that in some small way we’ve helped to draw many SurvivalBlog readers to a closer walk with the Lord Jesus (Yeshua).
We don’t plan to change much with SurvivalBlog. We intend to continue to consistently deliver you the best editorial content of any preparedness blog. And we’ll keep our layout “old school” –without annoying pop-up ads, 10-item slideshows, or embedded videos. (We recognize that a good portion of our readers still have dial-up Internet connections.)
In January of 2021, we’ll be releasing the 15th Anniversary Edition of our waterproof archive USB stick. It will be bigger and better than ever before. And take note that we have something special planned for this edition.
Unless one of you readers beat us to it, in coming months Avalanche Lily and I plan to write articles on the following topics that we believe have not yet been covered sufficiently in SurvivalBlog:
- Utility ATVs for Retreats
- Thermal Night Vision
- Dehydrating Vegetables and Herbs
- Footpath, Equestrian, and ATV Trail Construction
- Coin Grading Explained
- Home Pressure-Canning Meats
- Frost-Free Yard Hydrant Installation and Repair
It may sound hard to believe, but there are still some preparedness-minded folks who have not yet heard about SurvivalBlog. So please spread the word. And also mention SurvivalBlog to any potential advertisers or prize donors for our bi-monthly nonfiction writing contest.
I also want to sincerely thank the more than 100,000 regular readers of SurvivalBlog for making the blog such a great success! Thanks for sharing your knowledge in your writing contest articles, letters, and comments. And my particular thanks to the 2% of SurvivalBlog readers who are regular Ten Cent Challenge subscribers. Your voluntary subscriptions keep the lights on! – JWR